5 Romantic and Unique Getaways in Sikkim :
Planning the perfect romantic getaway can be quite a task, given that Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Here are five destinations in Sikkim – from wooden log cabins, quaint cottages set in the hills to glamping options in the mountains that will help ignite the fire in your souls; all within a stipulated budget.
- Enchanted Forest Farm, Ranka – Enchanted Forest Farm is an 18-acre forest farmstay, located in Parbing(Ranka), a scenic village about 30 mins on the outskirts of Gangtok. The farm provides guests with a serene ambience so that they can soak in its calmness and unwind. It is a perfect place for nature lovers who want a tranquil stay away from the hustle bustle yet not so far from the town. The property is hosted by Mr Deep Sharma and his wife. Tariff begins at Rs 3600 a night in a wooden cottage that has a few furniture built and crafted by Mr Deep himself. The best part of the stay is the skylight on the roof will allows plenty of natural light to filter in. It is also a great idea to just lie in bed and stargaze or watch the clouds pass by.
Pro Tip : Do try the food that is made with vegetables grown organically onsite.
- The Barfung Retreat, Ravangla – The Barfung Retreat is a beautiful idyllic country resort located in a sleepy little village just on the outskirts of Ravangla town. The resort offers beautiful views of Mt Narsing and other peaks of the Kanchenjunga range. The rooms are large and spacious and makes for a comfortable stay with modern amenities. Bonfire and barbeque facilities besides an onsite restaurant with free parking are some of the facilities available. The guest rooms are built of stone and wood with rustic vibes lending it a regional flavor. All the rooms come with a private balcony and mountain view. Tariff begins at Rs 2200 per night.
Pro Tip : Try to book the Suite room which has the best panoramic views of the entire resort.
- Garhbass A Botique Homestay, Rumtek – Gharbass is a beautiful property tucked off the main road leading to Rumtek monastery in Sajong, about a 45 minutes drive from Gangtok.
The stay is best for a quiet get away for people who want to take a break from their hectic lives without compromising on comfort and connectivity.
The rooms are ample and spacious with plenty of natural light filtering in from the large bay windows which provides a panoramic view of Gangtok town.
It is a delightful option for both local guests and tourists alike.
Wifi connection, geyser, electric kettle, a walk in closet and basic toiletries are provided at the stay. Tariff begins at Rs 2500 a night.
Pro Tip : Sit by the window with a cup of tea or wine and watch the view for hours on end.
- Munlom Nature Resort, Dzongu – Translated as ‘Blessing’ in the local dialect, Munlom Nature resort is located in ‘Gyathang’, a village in lower Dzongu at an altitude of 5100 ft. The property is constructed using materials sourced locally with minimal environmental footprint. This is a location far from the maddening crowd, where you are one amidst the grandeur of nature. The entire area of Dzongu falls within the Kanchenjunga Biosphere which is a protected area and is a bio diversity hotspot which abound in diverse flora and fauna, natural hotsprings and narrow suspension bridges. Tariff begins at Rs 3500 for a cottage with meals.
Pro Tip – Do ask the staff to arrange a romantic riverside picnic for you complete with meals cooked onsite.
- OurGuest Camp Lachung – Located in the picturesque village hamlet of Bicchu in Lachung, North Sikkim, OurGuest Camp Lachung is a unique glamping experience and a first of its kind in Sikkim. Set beside a clear gurgling Himalayan stream with mountains surrounding it on all sides, this place is a treat for those that wish to enjoy nature and outdoors yet do not want to compromise on comfort and modern amenities. The place has four guest tents with attached bath, room heater, electric blanket, tea coffee maker, slippers, linen and basic toiletries. You can ask the care taker to build you a bonfire in the evenings at an additional cost and watch the clear night skies. Tariff begins at Rs 3000 with meal inclusions.
Pro Tip – You can sample the local Blueberry wine if in stock by enquiring with the care taker.